Ante Rebic 'took a gamble and lost' when he left Eintracht Frankfurt to join AC Milan in the summer, says Frankfurt boss Wolfgang Steubing.
|Ante Rebic.||Photo: Антон Зайцев/Soccer.ru/CC-by-SA 3.0|
Rebic was desperately looking to leave Frankfurt in the summer after having seen Luka Jovic and Sebastien Haller depart the club to join Real Madrid and West Ham respectively.
Rebic ended up joining AC Milan on a two-year loan deal, but since then, things haven't gone according to plan for the 26-year-old who has made just three substitute appearances for his new club so far.
"Honestly, I don't know what to say. He wanted to leave, because otherwise he would be the only one of the three strikers to stay at Frankfurt. Now, he sits outside. He took a gamble and lost. And it won't get any easier for him," Wolfgang Steubing, Chairman of the Supervisory Board at Eintracht Frankfurt, told Bild.
Rebic made 100 appearances for Frankfurt with 25 goals and 12 assists to his name.
2. Bundesliga Friday Recap: Paderborn win battle of the 'teams looking in', Darmstadt blow away Sandhausen