FC Nürnberg haven't agreed to sell Robin Hack to FC Köln, insists club boss Dieter Hecking.
|Dieter Hecking.||Photo: Jan Heimerl, CC BY-SA 3.0|
FC Nürnberg sporting CEO Dieter Hecking has denied speculation that the 2. Bundesliga club have agreed to sell Robin Hack to FC Köln.
According to Express.de, Hecking and FC Köln bosses Alexander Wehrle and Horst Heldt reached an agreement for the transfer of Hack over a video chat on Friday.
But the former Borussia Mönchengladbach coach insists there is no agreement with 'The Billy Goats'.
"There was neither a call nor a video conference with Mr. Wehrle and Mr. Heldt. There wasn't even a conversation. The fee that has been mentioned is not even correct. Therefore, I'm very surprised by this report," Hecking told Bild.
FC Köln are reportedly close to selling Jhon Cordoba to Hertha BSC in a deal worth around €15 million, and Hecking suggests that the 27-year-old's departure could pave the way for Hack's proposed switch to Köln.
"It's correct that FC Köln are interested in Robin. But so far, there is nothing new to report in this regard. It's possible, however, that a potential sale of [Jhon] Cordoba will create some movement," Hecking said.
Hack, a 22-year-old winger, scored 10 times and set up two goals in 34 games for Nürnberg last season.