Ranking the Bundesliga's best offensive midfielders of 2018
Kicker has ranked the Bundesliga's best offensive midfielders of the first half of 2018.
Every six months Kicker releases a ranking of the best players in the Bundesliga as well as the best German players abroad, dividing them into four categories: 'World Class', 'International Class', 'In the Wider Circle' and 'Field of Vision'.
Recently, the German sports magazine has named and ranked the best offensive midfielders in the first half of 2018.
According to Kicker, Bayern München's James Rodriguez is the best offensive midfielder in the Bundesliga and the only player in the position who has shown that he deserves to be in the 'International Class' category.
Here are the rankings:
1. James Rodriguez, Bayern München
In the Wider Circle:
2. Marco Reus, Borussia Dortmund
3. Kevin-Prince Boateng, Eintracht Frankfurt (now Sassuolo)
4. Thiago Alcantara, Bayern München
5. Marius Wolf, Eintracht Frankfurt (now Borussia Dortmund)
6. Corentin Tolisso, Bayern München
7. Maximilian Eggestein, Werder Bremen
8. Kai Havertz, Bayer Leverkusen
9. Arturo Vidal, Bayern München
10. Lewis Holtby, Hamburger SV
Field of Vision (ranked alphabetically):
Nadiem Amiri, Hoffenheim
Emil Forsberg, RB Leipzig
Mario Götze, Borussia Dortmund
Amine Harit, Schalke 04
Marcel Sabitzer, RB Leipzig
Kicker has also ranked the Bundesliga's best goalkeepers and centre-backs and the best full-backs and defensive midfielders.