Here are the best defensive midfielders in the Bundesliga of the 2019/20 season so far, according to Kicker.
|Joshua Kimmich (left) tops Kicker's list of defensive midfielders.||Photo: Rufus46, CC BY-SA 3.0|
Every six months, Kicker releases a ranking of the best players in the Bundesliga as well as the best German players abroad, dividing them into four categories: 'World Class', 'International Class', 'In the Wider Circle' and 'Field of Vision'.
Today, the German sports magazine has released the second part of the rankings based on the performances in the first half of the 2019/20 season. Below, you'll find the list of defensive midfielders.
1. Joshua Kimmich, Bayern München
2. Charles Aranguiz, Bayer Leverkusen
3. Konrad Laimer, RB Leipzig
4. Suat Serdar, Schalke 04
5. Denis Zakaria, Borussia Mönchengladbach
In the Wider Circle:
6. Omar Mascarell, Schalke 04
7. Axel Witsel, Borussia Dortmund
8. Diego Demme, RB Leipzig
9. Sebastian Rode, Eintracht Frankfurt
10. Thomas Delaney, Borussia Dortmund
11. Maximilian Arnold, Wolfsburg
Field of vision (ranked alphabetically):
Robert Andrich, Union Berlin
Daniel Baier, Augsburg
Julian Brandt, Borussia Dortmund
Florian Grillitsch, Hoffenheim
Josuha Guilavogui, Wolfsburg
Jonas Hector, FC Köln
Nicolas Höfler, Freiburg
Christoph Kramer, Borussia Mönchengladbach
Click here to see how Kicker ranked the Bundesliga's defensive midfielders last summer.
Kicker's January rankings at other positions: