Here are the best defensive midfielders in the Bundesliga of 2020 so far, according to Kicker.
|Timo Werner (left) and Joshua Kimmich (right).||Photo: GEPA Pictures/Sven Sonntag|
Every six months, Kicker releases a ranking of the best players in the Bundesliga as well as the best German players abroad, dividing them into four categories: 'World Class', 'International Class', 'In the Wider Circle' and 'Field of Vision'.
Today, the German sports magazine has released the second part of the rankings based on the performances in the second half of the 2019/20 season. Below, you'll find the list of defensive midfielders.
1. Joshua Kimmich, Bayern München
2. Leon Goretzka, Bayern München
3. Thiago Alcantara, Bayern München
4. Marcel Sabitzer, RB Leipzig
5. Emre Can, Dortmund
In the Wider Circle:
6. Konrad Laimer, RB Leipzig
7. Florian Neuhaus, Gladbach
8. Maximilian Arnold, Wolfsburg
9. Per Ciljan Skjelbred, Hertha BSC (now playing for Rosenborg)
10. Axel Witsel, Dortmund
11. Christian Gentner, Union Berlin
Field of vision (ranked alphabetically):
Charles Aranguiz, Leverkusen
Julian Baumgartlinger, Leverkusen
Kerem Demirbay, Leverkusen
Florian Grillitsch, Hoffenheim
Danny Latza, Mainz
Click here to see how Kicker ranked the Bundesliga's defensive midfielders after the first half of the 2019/20 season.
Kicker's summer rankings at other positions: