Survey: German fans want to see Wagner up top
Who should start up top for Germany? If you ask the fans, the answer is Sandro Wagner.
Lately, Germany coach Joachim Löw has been trying out Borussia Dortmund captain Marco Reus up top in an attempt to find an answer to his team's striker problems.
|Sandro Wagner.||Photo: Rufus46/CC-by-SA 3.0|
But, apparently, the fans would rather see Bayern München's Sandro Wagner lead the line for 'Die Mannschaft'.
In a survey, Bild asked their readers who they would prefer to start in the striker position for Germany. At 9.45 (UTC+2) today, 54.245 people had cast their votes - and 23 percent of them had voted for Wagner.
Wagner, 30, is currently not an option as the striker announced his international retirement after he wasn't included in Germany's World Cup squad. But who knows - maybe he's keen on a comeback if Löw gives him a call?
Here are the results:
1. Sandro Wagner, Bayern München - 23%
2. Timo Werner, RB Leipzig - 14%
3. Mark Uth, Schalke 04 - 11%
4. Nils Petersen, SC Freiburg - 10%
5. Thomas Müller, Bayern München - 9%
6. Marco Reus, Borussia Dortmund - 8%
6. Niclas Füllkrug, Hannover 96 - 8%
8. Jann-Fiete Arp, Hamburger SV - 5%
8. Davie Selke, Hertha BSC - 5%
10. Kevin Volland, Bayer Leverkusen - 4%
11. Mario Gomez, VfB Stuttgart - 3%
Matthäus: Wagner or Uth could have helped Germany
Wagner: 'I will always be grateful to Joachim Löw'
Wagner says he will not play for Germany again