The Bundesliga's best goalkeepers of 2019 so far
Here are the best Bundesliga goalkeepers of 2019 so far, according to Kicker.
Every six months Kicker releases a ranking of the best players in the Bundesliga as well as the best German players abroad, dividing them into four categories: 'World Class', 'International Class', 'In the Wider Circle' and 'Field of Vision'.
|Peter Gulacsi.||Photo: Werner100359, CC BY-SA 4.0|
Today, the German sports magazine has released the first part of the rankings based on the performances in the second half of the 2018/19 season. Below, you'll find the goalkeeper rankings.
1. Peter Gulacsi, RB Leipzig
2. Yann Sommer, Gladbach
3. Jiri Pavlenka, Werder Bremen
4. Koen Casteels, VfL Wolfsburg
5. Roman Bürki, Borussia Dortmund
6. Kevin Trapp, Eintracht Frankfurt
In the Wider Circle:
7. Manuel Neuer, Bayern München
8. Rune Jarstein, Hertha BSC
9. Christian Mathenia, FC Nürnberg
10. Michael Esser, Hannover 96
11. Alexander Schwolow, SC Freiburg
Field of vision (ranked alphabetically):
Alexander Nübel, Schalke 04
Kicker's rankings at other positions: