Timo Werner will be among the most expensive players to have ever transfered from the Bundesliga if a 50 million euro transfer to Chelsea is completed.
|Timo Werner.||Photo: GEPA Pictures/Sven Sonntag|
The English Premier League has been dominant when it comes to expensive transfers from the Bundesliga to other leagues. And the expected next big trade is not an exception.
For a fixed transfer fee of 50 million euros (according to Kicker.de), Timo Werner is on the way to Chelsea.
But where does that put him on the Top-10 of all transfers?
- Granite Xhaka - 43 million euros
2016 from Borussia Mönchengladbach to Arsenal.
- Joelinton - 45 million euros
2019 from TSG Hoffenheim to Newcastle United.
- Sebastien Haller - 50 million euros
2019 from Eintracht Frankfurt to West Ham.
- Leroy Sané - 50 million euros
2016 from Schalke 04 to Manchester City.
- Luka Jovic - 60 million euros
2019 from Eintracht Frankfurt to Real Madrid.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - 63.75 million euros
2018 from Borussia Dortmund to Arsenal.
- Christian Pulisic - 64 million euros
2019 from Borussia Dortmund to Chelsea.
- Naby Keita - 68 million euros
2018 from RB Leipzig to Liverpool.
- Kevin De Bruyne - 75 million euros
2017 from VfL Wolfsburg to Manchester City.
- Ousmane Dembelé - 105 million euros
2017 from Borussia Dortmund to Barcelona.
Werner was originally sold from VfB Stuttgart to RB Leipzig in 2016 for 19 million Euros.
Before his contract was extended last summer, Werner was available for 25 million euros.