Bundesliga News

Michael Zorc confirms that Jadon Sancho will stay at Borussia Dortmund

By Laura Brandt

One of this summer's biggest transfer sagas seems to have come to an end as Borussia Dortmund boss Michael Zorc confirms that Jadon Sancho will be staying at the club.

Jadon Sancho.
Jadon Sancho.Photo: Borussia Dortmund

Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc has confirmed that Jadon Sancho will not be leaving the club this summer.


The 20-year-old has been touted for a move to Manchester United, but Zorc has now made it clear once and for all that the youngster will be staying at BVB for the 2020/21 season.

"We plan on having Jadon Sancho in our team this season, the decision is final. I think that answers all our questions," Zorc told reporters on Monday.

Zorc then went on to reveal that the club extended Sancho's contract by a further year last summer.

"Last summer, we adjusted Jadon's salary to match the development of his performances. So in context, we had already extended his contract until 2023 back then," he said.

Sancho has made a total of 99 appearances for Dortmund with 34 goals and 43 assists to his name.


More about Jadon Sancho

More about Dortmund

Bundesliga News

Fantasy Football

Editor's picks

Profiles

Turn back time